Otterly Great Birthday Slider Card

Another birthday card from the adorable My Favorite Things Otterly Love You stamp set.  This otter is diving down to retrieve a rock. 



Supplies:
  • My Favorite Things Otterly Love You stamp set
  • Lawn Fawn Cuts Die Slide On Over
  • Lawn Fawn Cuts Die Large Stitched Rectangle
  • Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb Cardstock
  • 28 Lilac Lane Seaside Holiday sequins
  • Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink
  • Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink
  • Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink
  • My Favorite Things Slider Element Disks
  • Copic Markers
  • Memento Black Ink 
  • Mini Glue Dots
  • Foam Tape
  •  ScorTape
  • Ranger Multi Matte Medium
First, I cut the card front with the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 stitched rectangle.  I cut a second panel the same size to back the slider mechanism.  In the stitched rectangle, I also cut the slider track.  Then I stacked the two panels together and inked them up with my distress oxide inks.  I started with a small amount of the antique linen at the bottom for the sand.  Then I used the salty ocean and the peacock feathers until I liked the blend between the two.  I adhered the rocks at the bottom, I popped the middle one up with some foam tape.

I stamped the otter and the rocks and colored them with my Copic markers (E33, E35 & E37 for the otter and CG01, CG03 & CG 05 for the rocks).  I fussy cut them out and went around the edges with a black pen to give it a finished look.  I put a scrap circle of paper under the slider element disk using mini glue dots.  I put the slider element disk into the track and then put another scrap circle of paper on top of the disk with mini glue dots.  I attached the otter to the top circle. I put foam tape between the two layers to make sure the slider mechanism had plenty of space to move.

I finished it off by adding some of the seashells, stars and sequins from the seaside holiday sequins with the Ranger Multi Matte Medium.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Bean Shaker Card

Northern Lights Background

Otterly Great Birthday Shaker Card